Beef Ragu & Creamy Polenta
Serves: 4 People
Duration: 3.5 Hours
50ml Olive oil
30g Onion, finely chopped
30g Carrots, finely chopped
30g Celery, finely chopped
10g Garlic, finely chopped
Small pinch Saffron
1 Bay leaf
3g Dried oregano
3g Chopped rosemary and thyme
1kg Diced beef shin, lightly dusted in gluten free flour
100ml Red wine
1 litre Chicken stock
15g Paolo Petrilli tomato puree
A pinch Salt and pepper
200g Polenta di Storo (per person)
1. Cook the vegetables and herbs with the olive oil until soft with no colour.
2. Add the diced beef shin and cook for 20 minutes. Add the wine and stock and cook for a further 15 minutes.
3. Then add the tomato puree and gently simmer for 2½ hours.
4. For the polenta, allow a ratio of 4:1 water to polenta.
5. Bring the water to the boil, whisk in the polenta and cook for 30 minutes on a gentle heat.
6. Whisk in the butter and parmesan.
7. To serve, ladle the ragu over the polenta and sprinkle with parmesan
Discover a selection of our best offers